Canon launches Océ Arizona 1200 Series for unrivalled quality and versatility in flatbed printing
LONDON, 25 January 2016 – Canon Europe, world leader in imaging solutions, today announces the global launch of the Océ Arizona 1200 Series of UV flatbed printers. Designed for print service providers (PSPs) that require superb print quality, application versatility and ease-of-use, the Océ Arizona 1240, 1260 and 1280 are ideal for businesses in the sign and display industry, speciality print producers, reprographers and photo labs.
The true flatbed architecture of the new series has been designed to deliver the most versatile platform in wide format printing. PSPs can print directly to unusual materials with varied shapes such as canvas, wood, ceramics or glass and are able to print multiple times in perfect registration for high density or textured applications, such as packaging or wall cladding. A stronger vacuum system provides reliable drawdown of even warped, rigid media, whilst the new UV curing system reduces surface heat for printing up to the thinnest, most heat-sensitive media, making it a perfect solution for retail displays and POS signage.
For PSPs looking to increase their overall production capacity or target higher quality applications and markets, the Océ Arizona 1200 series is an ideal addition to their fleet that delivers quality, versatility and reliability whilst remaining easy to use. The intuitive user interface archives printed jobs for later reprints and the quick-change ink system automatically prevents the user from loading the printing incorrectly.
The devices use up to six-colours and can also be equipped with white and varnish. The optional addition of light cyan and light magenta ink enables superior print quality for photographic and fine art applications. Both printers use the award winning Océ VariaDot imaging technology to produce sharp text and lines, alongside smooth gradients and solid colours. Offering the best ink economy in the market¹, with an average 8ml used per m², the Océ Arizona 1200-Series is ideal for high quality printing at a competitive price point.
Pierre-Olivier Esteban, European TDS/DGS Marketing Director at Canon Europe, commented: “There is an enormous opportunity for mid-volume PSPs to continue growing their business – whether they are focused on graphical communication, packaging, industrial printing or retail. However, in order to remain competitive, they must be primed to deliver a range of high quality products, quickly and cost-effectively. The Océ Arizona 1200 series was designed and developed specifically with these requirements in mind. The result is an extremely high quality, robust and reliable machine and a testimony to the innovation and expertise behind Canon’s line of products within this sector. The wide format market is growing and we are committed to helping our customers grow alongside it, every step of the way.”
- Award-winning Océ VariaDot™ grayscale print quality, with optional support for 6 colour printing using light Cyan and light Magenta
- True flatbed rigid printing capability
- Express mode printing at 35 m2/h
- High Definition mode printing for superb dot positioning
- Two different sizes, 125 x 250 cm or 250 x 308 cm and three configurations of four, six or eight colour channels
- Available Roll Media Option for optimised printing of flexible media up to 2.2 meters wide
- Optional Automatic Printhead Maintenance System (APMS) for hands-free, quick and reliable printhead cleaning
- A six/seven zone vacuum system, optimised for standard rigid media sizes
- Pneumatic media registration pins for easy and precise rigid media loading
- Continuous Printing - Dual origins and independent vacuum systems for simultaneous printing and media loading/unloading (XT models)
- Advanced operator panel functionality, such as Step- and Repeat, mirror and batch job definition.
The Océ Arizona 1200 series will be available worldwide from 25 January 2016.
¹ Competitive testing shows the new Océ Arizona 1200-series uses between 6.4ml-8ml of ink per m², making it one of the most efficient printers available today.