Standard Connecton Method - For Windows users
1. Insert the CD that came with your printer and run the setup.
If the “Setup CD-ROM” does not autorun, insert the CD-ROM into the computer again and click on [My Computer] select the CD-ROM and double-click [MSETUP4.EXE].
Windows 8 users - double click [Canon_IJ]. When the selection window opens, double-click the [MSETUP4.EXE].
If you do not have the installation CD that came with your product, please download the manuals and software from the Canon support site.
2. When the initial screen appears, click on [Next].
3. Please select [Network Connection] and then [Wireless Connection].
4. Ensure that your printer is turned on, make sure the white power lamp is lit and then click [Next].
5. Click on [Connect to the network].
6. Click on [Cableless setup].
7. When the following screen appears, hold down the [Wi-Fi] button (A) on the printer until the white power lamp flashes 2 times, then release after the second flash and click on [Next].
8. Make sure that the blue Wi-Fi lamp flashes quickly and the white power lamp is lit, then click on [Next].
The following screen will be displayed:
9. When the following screen appears, select your region and then click on [Next].
10. When the following screen appears, select your language and then click on [Next].
11. When the following screen appears, select the software you wish to install, and then click on [Next]. If you’re not sure which software you want to install at this stage, don’t worry, as you can always uninstall it at a later stage if you wish.
12. When the following screen appears, click on [Yes] to agree to the end user license agreement.
13. When the following screen appears, click on [Next].
If the following screen is displayed during the installation, click on [Redetect] to search for your printer again.
Depending on your network configuration, it may take a minute or so for the software to detect the printer. This may involve clicking on redetect a number of times.
If you are unable to detect your printer on the network, to confirm that your printer is successfully connected to your wireless network, you can print out the network settings of your printer:
• Make sure that your printer is turned on.
• Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper.
• Press and hold the [Resume/Cancel ] button until the white power lamp flashes 6 times, and then release it. The network Configuration page will be printed.
You network name (or SSID) should be displayed in box 1 and your printer should obtain an IP address displayed in box 2.
If you cannot see the above settings on the printout, restart the installation process.
14. Once the Cableless setup is complete the following screen will be displayed to indicate the model of your printer and the name (or SSID) of your wireless network.
15. When the following screen is displayed, click on [Next].
16. When the following screen appears, click on [Next].
17. If you wish to register your printer at this stage click [Next], alternatively you can register later using the Quick Menu software, so click [Cancel].
18. If you wish to take part in the Extended Survey Program, click [Agree].
Alternatively, click on [Do not agree].
19. Click on [Exit] to complete the installation
This concludes the Windows setup
If the wireless setup is still failing after following this guide, please contact us for further assistance.