Standard Connection Method
1. If your device is not displaying the screen shown below then please press the lit [HOME] button (A) to return to the home screen.
1. Swipe the screen left, then tap the [WLAN setup] icon.
The (blue) Wi-Fi lamp (C) lights up when wireless connection is enabled.
The display on the printer should be as shown below:
1. Tap [To other connection methods].
2. Tap [Standard setup].
The printer will now search all available wireless networks in the immediate vicinity.
3. Tap the [name (or SSID)] of your Wireless network from the list [Select access point] displayed on the printer’s LCD.
The name of your wireless network is represented here as “xxxx”
If you are unsure of the name of your wireless network, it may be on a printed label on your access point, or you can check the network your computer is connected to.
If you cannot see your network listed, then tap [Search again].
4. One of the screens below will be displayed on the printer, depending on which security method your access point is using.
5. Tap the screen [Please enter] to allow the network password to be entered.
6. Enter the network password (WEP Key or passphrase) of your wireless network.
Character entry is case sensitive.
Follow the procedure below -
a. You can enter the characters when the keyboard is displayed on the printer's LCD.
(Password entry is case sensitive).
: Tap to switch between "lower case letters" and "numbers and symbols."
: While letters of the alphabet appear, tap to switch between upper and lower case letters. While numbers and symbols appear, tap to switch symbol types.
: Tap to insert a space.
: Tap to delete the character at the cursor. Use or to move the cursor to the target character.
b. Tap the character you want to enter.
c. Repeat steps a. and b. to enter the remaining characters.
7. Tap [Apply] when finished.
8. Your network password will be displayed. Confirm that the details you have entered are correct.
(Character entry is case-sensitive)
9. Tap [OK] to enter your network password and connect to your access point. If you have made a mistake & need to correct the password, touch the [
] button to start again.
10. When the left screen appears, tap [OK] to complete the setup.
This concludes the Wi-Fi setup procedure.
Please now proceed by installing the software to make the most out of your PIXMA MG6340.
If you do not have the installation CD that came with your product, please download the manuals and software to continue.
If the wireless setup is still failing after following this guide, please contact us for further assistance.