Standard Connection Method
1. Press the [Menu] button (A) on the printer.
1. Use the [
] buttons (A) to select [WLAN Setup] icon and press the [OK] button (B).
The (blue) Wi-Fi lamp (C) lights up when wireless connection is enabled.
The display on printer should be as shown below -
1. Please press the [Stop/Reset ] button, the following screen will be displayed.
2. Press the [OK] button to select [Standard setup].
The printer will now search all available wireless networks in the immediate vicinity.
3. Use the arrow keys to select the name (or SSID) of your wireless network and press [OK].
If you are unsure of the name of your wireless network, it may be on a printed label your access point, or you can check the network your computer is connected to.
If you cannot see your network listed, use the arrow keys to select [Search again] and press the [OK] button.
4. One of the screens below will be displayed, depending on the security method your network is using.
5. Enter the network password (WEP Key or passphrase) of your wireless network. Character entry is case sensitive.
If you are unsure of the password to your wireless network, it may be on a printed label attached to your access point.
You can enter characters on this printer when the alphanumeric buttons (A) on the operation panel are lit. Follow the procedure below.
The machine has three input modes: uppercase mode, lowercase mode, and numeric mode. Press the button to switch to the uppercase mode (A), lowercase mode (a), or numeric mode (1). (The input mode you have selected will be displayed in top right of the screen)
If you need to enter a symbol, press the # key repeatedly until your desired symbol is displayed.
For example, in the uppercase mode, pressing the button once will give you "A" and pressing the button twice will give you "B" etc.
If you have 2 characters contained within the same button, press the arrow key to advance to the next character.
If you accidentally make a mistake, you can delete the character by pressing the centre function button.
6. When you have finished entering the characters, press the [OK] button.
7. Confirm that the network password you have entered is correct.
8. If it is correct, press the [OK] button.
If you have made a mistake and need to correct the password, press the [
9. When screen (1) appears, press the [OK] button.
10. When screen (2) appears, press the [COPY] button (A) to return to the COPY screen.
This concludes the standard connection setup procedure.
Please now proceed by installing the software to make the most out of your PIXMA MX524.
If you do not have the installation CD that came with your product, please download the manuals and software to continue.
If the wireless setup is still failing after following this guide, please contact us for further assistance.