Standard Connection Method
1. Press the [Home] button (A) on the printer.
1. Use the  buttons (A) to select the [WLAN ] icon.
2. Press the left function button (B)
1. When the screen below appears select [Wireless LAN setup] and press the [OK] button.
The blue Wi-Fi lamp lights up when the wireless connection is enabled.
1. When the screen below appears press the [Stop/Reset
2. When the following screen is displayed select [Standard setup] then press the [OK] button to start the standard setup process.
The printer will now search all available wireless networks in the immediate vicinity.
3. Use the  buttons to select the access point, that is the name (or SSID) of your network, and then press the [OK] button.
The name of your wireless network is represented here as “xxxx”
If you are unsure of the name of your wireless network, it may be on a printed label your access point, or you can check the network your computer is connected to.
If you cannot see your network listed, then press the left function button to select [Search again].
One of the screens below will be displayed on the printer, depending on which security method your access point is using.
4. Press the [OK] button to enter/edit your network password.
5. Enter the network password (WEP Key or passphrase) of your wireless network.
Character entry is case sensitive.
You can enter characters when the keyboard is displayed on the printer’s LCD. Follow the procedure below.
a. Password entry is case sensitive so press the centre function button (A) to switch between lower case, upper case and numeric characters.
b. Use the [ ] buttons (B) to select a character from the keyboard, then press the [OK] button to select and move to the next character.
c. Repeat a and b to enter more characters
6. Once you have entered your network password, then press the left function button to select [Done].
7. Your network password will be displayed. Confirm that the details you have entered are correct.
If you make a mistake, press [OK] to edit the password.
8. Press the left function button to [End Setup].
9. When the left screen appears, press the [OK] button.
This concludes the standard connection setup procedure.
Please now proceed by installing the software to make the most out of your PIXMA MG5640.
If you do not have the installation CD that came with your product, please download the manuals and software.
If the WPS wireless setup is still failing after following this guide, please contact us for further assistance.