This is a commercial end-customer warranty offered by Canon Europa N.V., Bovernkerkerweg 59, 1185 XB, Amstelveen, The Netherlands (“Canon”) to the end-customers, who purchase Canon projectors for their own use, but not acting as consumers under the local laws of the country where the Projectors are purchased.
If you are a consumer, you are not entitled to this warranty, but your consumer's statutory rights under applicable national legislation in force will apply to you.
These Terms and Conditions and the offer herein shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
This Canon European Projector Warranty is comprised of different service offerings and the offering that is applicable to you is determined by your location; the projector that you have purchased and when you purchased the product. The service offerings are as follows:
• Return to Base Warranty
• Projector Enhanced Warranty Loan Service
Canon Projectors intended for sale and purchased within the European Economic Area (“EEA” – namely EU, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway) plus Switzerland - “Territory”, are covered by the Canon European Projector Warranty. Canon warrants that should the new projector be found to be defective within the applicable warranty period, the fault is resolved free of charge (terms & conditions apply – see below). The Canon Projector Enhanced Warranty Loan Service has further territorial and projector limitations. For the details see the section on Canon Projector Enhanced Warranty Loan Service below.
For any product, outside of the applicable warranty terms or period and for damage or repairs not covered by the warranty, a chargeable repair service is available and can be obtained by returning the projector to any Canon authorised service centre.
This warranty will be your sole and exclusive remedy, and neither Canon nor its subsidiaries or other European Projector Warranty members shall be liable for any incidental or consequential damages for breach of any express or implied warranty of this product.
In addition to the Canon European Projector Warranty, a 3 Year Lamp Warranty Extension is available. Please visit our projector promotions page for further information.
Canon warrant the hardware of this projector to be in good working order during the warranty period. In the event that the hardware is found to be defective within the warranty period, hardware repair service will be provided free of charge at the Canon authorised service centre(s) in the countries of membership.
This Return to Base Warranty applies to Canon products, intended for and purchased within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) plus Switzerland.
This free of charge service may be obtained only against presentation of the original invoice/cash ticket issued to the end-customer by the seller.
Canon further reserves the right to replace the defective projector with another equivalent projector which has the same or better quality to the defective product, instead of repairing the defective product.
1. Warranty period
Depending on the projector, this warranty is valid for 3 years or 5 years from the date of purchase (for the details, please, see below) . In addition, selected models may have usage limitations. All lamps come with a ninety (90) day warranty. For more details please refer to the Entitlement tab.
2. To obtain warranty service
Warranty service is only available in the Canon authorised service centres.
Any costs of secure transportation of the projector to and from the Canon authorised service centre will be borne by the end-customer. If the projector is moved into a country which is not a Canon European Projector Warranty Members, the projector must be returned for repair to the country where it was purchased in order to benefit from this warranty.
3. Canon European Projector Warranty Members: The Canon European Projector Warranty Members are the countries where the Return To Base Warranty service can be redeemed.
Please contact the relevant European Projector Warranty member if you require any further information relating to this warranty.
This Warranty does not cover the following:
- Any related software;
- Parts subject to wear (e.g., panel, optical filter, lamps, air filters) as well as supplies and accessories (e.g., lenses, batteries, remote control, brackets etc.) used with this product;.
- Defects caused by modifications carried out without Canon's approval or repairs / modifications / cleaning performed at a service centre not authorised by Canon;
- Costs incurred by Canon authorised service centres in making any adaptations or modifications of a projector necessary for country specific technical or safety standards or specifications, or any other costs to adjust the projector as a result of any specifications which have changed since the delivery of the product;
- Damage resulting from the fact that a projector is not conforming to country specific standards or specifications in another country than the country of purchase.
Warranty repair service is excluded if damage or defects have been caused by:
- Improper use, excessive use, handling or operation of the projector as referred to in the users' or operators' manuals and/or relevant user documents, including without limitation, incorrect storage, dropping, excessive shocks, corrosions, dirt, water or sand damages;
- Damage caused directly by the use of spare parts, software or consumables (such as lamps, lenses or batteries), which are not compatible with the product. Compatibility with your specific Canon projector should be evidenced on the packaging but is assured when using genuine Canon spare parts, software or consumables as these have been tested. You are advised to check compatibility prior to use;
- Connecting the projector to equipment not approved for connection by Canon;
- Inadequate packaging of the projector when returning it to the Canon authorised service centre;
- Accidents or disasters or any cause beyond the control of Canon, including but not limited to lightning, water, fire, public disturbances and improper ventilation.
Warranty repairs under this warranty do not include periodic check-ups or other standard projector maintenance services;
Repair service may be delayed when performed outside of the original country of purchase where either the product is not yet sold in that country or is sold in a country-specific design. Accordingly, certain spare parts for the projector may not be in stock in the country of repair.
Canon assumes no responsibility for any other claims, including, but not limited to, loss of recording media and loss of data etc., not specifically stated in this warranty.
When returning the projector for warranty service, please pack it very carefully, insure it, enclose the bill of sale and a description of the fault.
1. The Projector Enhanced Warranty Loan Service is offered during the relevant warranty period, in addition to the Return To Base Warranty. The service provides the End-customer with a loan projector for the duration of the warranty repair, under these specific additional terms and conditions.
2. Canon offers loan projectors at request of end-end-customers in possession of this warranty or their sellers, subject to Canon’s standard Loan Terms, as stipulated herein. These terms shall be deemed accepted by the end-end-customers upon acceptance of the loan projector.
3. End-end-customers or their sellers must ensure that each item loaned is returned in the same condition as supplied and are responsible for any loss, damage or theft of any loan equipment and may be required to reimburse Canon for repair or replacement. End-customers or their Sellers are advised to consider taking out suitable insurance to cover any equipment on loan to them.
4. The service covers XEED and LX projectors only (including medical models and excluding customised units). Please refer to the Entitlement tab for further information. It is not transferable to any other projector and no cash alternative will be offered.
5. This offer is only valid for products intended for import and sale by Canon in European Union countries plus Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway and Switzerland. To be able to claim under the Projector Enhanced Warranty Loan Service, the projector must have been purchased in one of these countries.
6. The Projector Enhanced Warranty Loan Service is only available in the following eligible countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. Within Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, the Projector Enhanced Warranty Loan Service is only available on eligible projector models that are purchased on or after 01.01.2016.
7. In order to instigate the Projector Enhanced Warranty Loan Service, proof of purchase must be provided. Canon reserves the right to decline free-of-charge warranty service (or to instigate the Projector Enhanced Warranty Loan Service) if the relevant document(s) cannot be produced, or if the information contained therein is incomplete or ineligible.
8. The Projector Enhanced Warranty Loan Service can be initiated by either the end-customer, or by the seller who installed the product.
9. All requests to redeem this service must be initiated by a telephone call to the local Canon Helpdesk
10. A Canon Helpdesk representative may ask for additional information in order to determine the cause of the fault, prior to the dispatch of a loan product.
11. ‘Next Day’ means that, wherever possible, the loan projector will be provided the day after the loan is requested, where such a request is made before 11:00 am and two days after when such a request is received after 11:00am, on a weekend or on a public holiday.
12. The end-customer or seller must arrange for collection of the faulty unit as soon as the loan projector has been received.
13. The end-customer or seller are responsible for ensuring that the loan projector is returned to Canon within 5 days of the repaired unit being returned.
14. Under normal circumstances, all shipping costs will be covered by Canon.
15. Canon will not be responsible for the removal or reinstallation of the original projector, nor the loan unit.
16. These Terms and Conditions and the offer herein shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, and any disputes in connection with the Projector Enhanced Warranty Loan Service come under the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.