Canon warrants the hardware of this WG Series product to be in good working order during the warranty period. In the event that the hardware is found to be defective within the warranty period, an On-Site repair service will be provided, free of charge, within the countries of membership.
This On-Site Warranty applies to Canon WG Series products, intended for and purchased within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) plus Switzerland & The United Kingdom.
This free of charge service may be obtained only against presentation of the original invoice/cash ticket issued to the end-customer by the seller.
Canon further reserves the right to replace the defective product with another equivalent product which has the same or better quality to the defective product, instead of repairing the defective product.
1. Warranty period
The On-Site Warranty is valid for 1 year from the purchase date of your new Canon WG Series product, as evidenced by the proof of purchase, or 300,000 prints, whichever occurs sooner.
2. To obtain warranty service
On-site Warranty repair service is available by contacting Canon’s helpdesk via phone (On-site warranty contact details).
On-Site Warranty service will be provided in one of the following ways:
• On-Site Repair (via technician)*, which covers all associated labour costs (including call out, travel and repair times) and the cost of all service parts
• Dispatching User Replaceable Parts (via courier), which covers the cost of applicable service parts and associated shipping costs.
*The services under this On-Site Warranty may be carried out by a third party on Canon’s behalf using reasonable skill and care.
This service covers all associated labour costs (including call out, travel and repair times) and the cost of all service parts.
3. Canon WG Series Warranty Members
The Canon WG Series Warranty Members are the countries where the On-Site Warranty service can be redeemed.
Please contact the relevant European WG Series Warranty member if you require any further information relating to this warranty.
This Warranty does not cover the following:
- Any software;
- Parts subject to wear (e.g., panel, external cover) as well as supplies and accessories (e.g., additional paper cassette, plain pedestal etc.) used with this product;
- Defects caused by modifications carried out without Canon's approval
- Costs incurred by Canon in making any adaptations or modifications of a WG Series product necessary for country specific technical or safety standards or specifications, or any other costs to adjust the WG Series product as a result of any specifications which have changed since the delivery of the product;
- Damage resulting from the fact that a WG Series product is not conforming to country specific standards or specifications in another country than the country of purchase. On-Site Warranty repair service is excluded if damage or defects have been caused by:
- Improper use, handling or operation of the WG Series product as referred to in the users' or operators' manuals and/or relevant user documents, including without limitation, incorrect storage, dropping, excessive shocks, corrosions, dirt, water or sand damages;
- Damage caused directly by the use of spare parts, software or consumables (such as Ink tanks, or maintenance cartridge), which are not compatible with the product. Compatibility with your specific Canon WG Series products should be evidenced on the packaging but is assured when using genuine Canon spare parts, software or consumables as these have been tested. You are advised to check compatibility prior to use;
- Connecting the WG Series product to equipment not approved for connection by Canon;
- Accidents or disasters or any cause beyond the control of Canon, including but not limited to lightning, water, fire, public disturbances and improper ventilation.
- Periodic check-ups or other standard WG Series product maintenance; In addition to the foregoing the On-Site Warranty does not include:
- Services and related service parts required due to a faulty installation or network connection of your product if the installation and network connection of your product has not been provided by Canon;
- Work that is needed because of any disconnection and reconnection of the WG Series product, including any preparation necessary for safe transit, other than as provided by Us or on Our behalf;
- Work other than during our standard service hours (9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Public Holidays).
Please note that for the provision of On-Site Warranty service, it is a prerequisite that your WG Series product is located in a Canon WG Series Warranty Member country. On-Site Warranty service can only be provided subject to you granting the service engineer access to the Product and reasonable support requested in relation thereto.
If you move the product to another country, please check whether the country to which you move your product is a Canon WG Series Warranty Member to make sure Canon offers the On-site warranty in that country.
Repair service may be delayed when performed outside of the original country of purchase where either the WG Series product is not yet sold in that country or is sold in a country-specific design. Accordingly, certain spare parts for the WG Series product may not be in stock in the country of repair. Canon assumes no responsibility for any other claims, including, but not limited to, loss of recording media and loss of data etc., not specifically stated in this warranty.
Q: What warranty is applicable on Canon WG series products purchased within Europe?
A: In general, Canon offers the European WG series Warranty for products purchased in:- Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom. Please view the full Terms and Conditions of this warranty.
Q: What information regarding warranty should I find in the box when I purchase a Canon product?
A: For WG series warranty applicable European countries, each product box will generally contain a European WG series Warranty card in the box. This will look similar to the following example:
Q: Is it necessary for me to complete and return any documentation to Canon in order to register my European Warranty?
A: It is not necessary for you to return any documentation to Canon in order to register for the European WG series Warranty. If you wish to specifically request a warranty repair under the European WG series Warranty then it will always be necessary for you to provide Canon with the original valid proof of purchase (including original date of purchase) for the product in question.
Q: What documentation is required in order to make claim a European WG series Warranty repair?
A: If you wish to specifically request a warranty repair under the European WG series Warranty then it will always be necessary for you to provide Canon with the original valid proof of purchase (including original date of purchase) for the WG series product in question. Promotional warranty offerings may also specify further requirements, so please refer to the specific Terms & Conditions of any promotional offers (if applicable)
Q: How long is a typical Canon European WG series Warranty valid for?
A: In general, the warranty period for Canon WG Series products is either 1 year or 300,000 prints, whichever occurs sooner. Exceptions may apply, please refer to the entitlement tab for further information.
Q: If I buy a Canon WG series product outside of the countries for which Canon offers the European WG series Warranty, will my WG series product still be covered by the European WG Series Warranty if I am resident in a European WG Series Warranty member country?
A: In general, products will be covered by a warranty that applies to their specific sales region and it will be necessary for end-customers to return any products to the applicable region in order to claim a warranty repair. Canon does not generally offer a global warranty unless specifically mentioned for specific products / regions.
Q: Under what scenario will Canon dispatch User Replaceable Parts & how do I replace them?
A: When contacted, Canon’s Helpdesk will perform troubleshooting of the customer’s problem and may diagnose User Replacement Parts as the remedy. Upon receipt of the applicable parts, customers should replace the parts by following the step by step procedure displayed on the printer’s user interface.
You can find the contact information for each country below.
|Country||Helpdesk Contact Details||On-Site Service Restrictions|
|Austria||+43 1 360 277 45 67
|Belgium||+32 (0)2 620 01 97
Canon Belgium (Dutch)
Canon Belgium (French)
0700 42 555
+359 2 961 72 77
+385 (0)42 200 400
+385 (0)1 55 65 800
+385 (0)1 6222 122
(+357) 22 711300
|Czech Republic||+420 296 335 619
|Denmark||+45 70 20 55 15
|Mainland Denmark (including bridged islands) only. Remote areas are excluded.|
|Estonia||+372 630 0530
|Finland||+358 (020) 366 466
(Calls are charged at 0.15 cents / min if you are calling from a land line. Call payments may differ depending on mobile phone operators. Please contact your operator for more information)
|Mainland Finland (including bridged islands) only. Remote areas are excluded.|
|France||+33 (0)1 70 48 05 00
|Mainland France (including bridged islands) only.|
|Germany||069 2999 3680
|Mainland Germany (including bridged islands) only.|
+30 210 9554 007
+30 210 2518 666
|Available in Athens only|
|Hungary||+36 (06)1 235 53 15
|Iceland||+354 569 77 60
|Ireland||+353 16 990 990
|Mainland Ireland (including bridged islands) only.|
|Italy||+39 02 3859 2000
|Latvia||+371 67 20 40 80
I B Serviss
|Lithuania||+370 5 239 5510
|Luxembourg||+352 27 302 054
|Norway||+47 23 50 01 43
|Mainland Norway (including bridged islands) only. Remote areas are excluded.|
|Poland||+48 22 583 4307
|Mainland Poland (including bridged islands) only.|
|Portugal||+351 21 424 51 90
|Mainland Portugal (including bridged islands) only.|
+40 21 2423094
+40 21 3202440
|Slovakia||+421 (0)250 102 612
01 585 37 77
|Spain||+34 91 375 45 55
|Sweden||+46 (0)8 519 923 69
|Mainland Sweden (including Dotland & bridged islands) only. Remote areas are excluded.|
|Switzerland||+41 22 567 58 58
Canon Switzerland (French)
Canon Switzerland (German)
|The Netherlands||+31 (0)20 721 91 03
|Mainland Netherlands (including bridged islands) only.|
|UK||+44 (0)207 660 0186
|Mainland UK (including bridged islands) only.|