Terms and Conditions of use
PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT BEFORE ACCESSING THE CANON EMIRATES WEBSITE. By accessing the Canon Website, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE.
1. AcceptanceCanon Emirates ("Canon") provides this website ("Canon Website") to you on the basis of the following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions"). By accessing any page on this Canon Website, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions may be updated by Canon from time to time by posting the updated Terms and Conditions without prior separate notification to you. You should check the Terms and Conditions each time you access the Canon Website to check for updates.
2. Canon WebsiteYou will be able to obtain information about certain Canon products and services on this Canon Website and you may also submit queries to Canon to receive more information. Please note that this Canon Website is the United Arab Emirates website and that products and services provided might vary from country to country. Please use the links to the national websites to find out details about products and services available
4. UseThe Canon Website and any support are provided to you at no charge and are for your personal and non-commercial use.Any support provided to you is for information purposes only. Canon reserves the right to make changes to the Canon Website; or not reply to any queries; or not provide any support in connection with the Canon Website.
You undertake not to post to or send via this website any materials that are or could reasonably be construed as: (i) defamatory, libellous, obscene, offensive, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory or blasphemous; () in breach of any obligation of confidence or privacy or any trade secret; (i) infringing the proprietary rights of any third party or for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; or (iv) violating any other law.
You also agree not to transmit to or send via the website any materials which could reasonably be held to constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of any country or other competent authority, or infringe the rights of any third party enforceable in any part of the world.
Canon reserves the right to remove any materials from the website where it reasonably suspects that such material is prohibited by this Section 3 or is otherwise inappropriate. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you acknowledge that Canon has no control over content on the website provided by other users, neither does it purport to monitor the content of the website to ensure its accuracy, appropriateness or conformity with the principles outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
You must not link to the Canon Website other websites which are indecent or inappropriate, and you must forthwith remove any link if Canon in its discretion so requests.
You agree to indemnify Canon and Canon affiliates against any claim, demand, loss or damage suffered as a result of breach of this Section 3.
5. DisclaimerCanon hereby excludes all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms concerning the supply or purported supply of, failure to supply or delay in supplying any service in connection with the Canon Website or that the Canon Website is accurate, complete or up-to-date, which might but for this Section 4 have effect between Canon and you, or would otherwise be implied into or incorporated into these Terms and Conditions or any collateral contract, whether by statute, common law or otherwise. You understand and agree that you are using the Canon Website at your sole risk and that Canon does not warrant that the Canon Website will meet your requirements or that the Canon Website will be uninterrupted, error free or secure. Any content or services provided via the Canon Website or in connection with the Canon Website by Canon is done so on an "AS IS" and on an "AS AVAILABLE" basis and Canon makes no representations or endorsement of any kind, whether express or implied, with respect to the Canon Website for the content or services included in, or made available in connection with, this Canon Website. Canon reserves the right at its sole discretion, to amend or withdraw any content or services offered as part of the Canon Website.
6. LiabilityCanon, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering this Canon Website), and any of Canon's group companies and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party, (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise in connection with this Canon Website in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of this Canon Website, any websites linked to this Canon Website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing this Canon Website or your downloading of any material from this Canon Website or any websites linked to this Canon Website. This shall not affect your statutory rights.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit Canon's liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by its negligence; () fraud; or (i) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
The information provided in a from or otherwise via the Canon Website will be used by Canon, which for the purposes of this Section 6 will also include Canon Emirates LLC, for the purpose of providing the services that you have requested by way of the Canon Website.
From time to time Canon, Canon affiliates or agents might use this information for marketing purposes or to inform you about other products and services, which we think might be of interest for you. You can specify whether you wish to receive such information in the appropriate box in your registration form.
Your personal information might be passed on to other Canon affiliates and third parties (such as hosting service providers) for the purposes set out above and for the purposes of group administration. This might involve a transfer of data outside the Middle East Economic Area. Some of these recipients may be located in countries that do not have the same privacy laws as the UAE, however, you may rest assured that the necessary measures are in place to protect the confidentiality and security of your information.
You have the right to access, correct, update, or delete your data by accessing the appropriate link to your profile or by submitting a request to email@example.com
We will only hold your personal information for the duration necessary to allow us to provide the services that you have requested or for any additional period as required by law.
10. Governing LawThese Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
11. CopyrightCopyright © Canon Emirates, Canon Middle East FZ-LLC,and Canon Europe Ltd2002-2011. All rights reserved. It is strictly prohibited to copy, redistribute, republish or modify any materials or software contained on the Canon Website or in subsequent support without the prior written consent of Canon.
Issue date: 01/03/2011
- Terms and Conditions