Canon demonstrates integrated beauty brand campaign at FESPA 2017 to inspire diversification possibilities
Hamburg, 8th May 2017 – Canon Europe, leader in imaging solutions, is showing a striking integrated communications campaign at FESPA 2017 to demonstrate how diverse technologies and workflows can help print service providers (PSPs) broaden their portfolio to meet the varied needs of print buyers, while creating additional revenue opportunities.
Showcasing printed output from its entire spectrum of wide and small-format solutions, the hypothetical launch campaign for a beauty brand uses specifically-commissioned imagery by photographer and filmmaker Clive Booth to help PSPs envisage how to integrate different printed applications and create cohesive multi-channel campaigns.
Beautifully depicting the four elements Earth, Air, Fire and Water through images captured on the latest Canon EOS cameras and lenses, the campaign includes 19 individual applications showcasing interior décor, packaging, indoor and outdoor display, POS and poster, industrial and functional, photo and fine art, and on-demand communications.
Mathew Faulkner, Applications Development Senior Manager, Canon Europe, explains: “In such a competitive sector of print, it is imperative for wide-format PSPs to differentiate themselves and demonstrate how they can add value to every single customer through a full understanding of the brief and a comprehensive and creative response.”
“This theoretical campaign brings to life how Canon can support any PSP – whether they specialise in wide-format applications or currently market themselves as a more general print service provider – to unlock their creative and commercial potential. The campaign will help us to guide visiting PSPs on how their businesses can evolve, showing them the many opportunities that exist to broaden the range of products they offer their customers, and illustrating how considered investments in wide- and small-format technologies can help them diversify, deepen customer relationships and boost profitability.”
Applications being produced live on-stand at FESPA 2017 include:
- Repeating-pattern and personalised mural wall coverings printed on the new Océ Colorado 1640 64-inch roll-to-roll press and the Océ ColorWave 700, using IJM678 Canon Self Adhesive Wallcovering and finished on the Fotoba XLD-170 WP.
- Wayfinding and promotional floor graphics printed on the Océ Colorado 1640, using Canon’s IJM684 Textured floor graphic media and finished on the Océ ProCut using the new Océ Auto Pilot system.
- Cartonboard packaging printed on the Océ Arizona 1280 GT, using Invercote media and finished on the Océ ProCut.
- Personalised folders for tailored product promotions printed on the Océ Arizona 1280 GT, using E flute corrugated cardboard and finished on the Océ ProCut.
Indoor and outdoor display
- Backlit signage for high-value, high-quality advertising and promotions printed on the Océ Arizona 1280 GT and Océ Colorado 1640, using IJM637 Backlit Film and finished on the Océ ProCut.
- Retail/promotional hanging banners printed on the Océ Colorado 1640, Océ ColorWave 700 and Océ ColorWave 910, using IJM545C Polyprop Banner and finished on the Fotoba XLD-170 WP.
- Indoor 3D structural signage for wayfinding and advertising printed on the Océ Arizona 6170 XTS, using Katz Display Board and finished on the Océ ProCut.
- Window film advertising printed on the Océ Arizona 1280 GT and Océ Colorado 1640, using IJM683 Window Cling Film and finished on the Océ ProCut.
POS and poster
- Promotional advertising posters printed on the Océ Colorado 1640, Océ ColorWave 700, Océ ColorWave 910, imagePROGRAF PRO-6000S, using a variety of Canon poster and photo media and finished on the Fotoba XLD-170 WP.
- Customised point-of-sale display stands printed on the Océ Arizona 6170 XTS, using B flute corrugated cardboard and finished on the Océ ProCut.
Photo and fine art
- Single- and double-sided photographic and fine art prints produced on the imagePROGRAF PRO-4000, imagePROGRAF PRO-6000S and DreamLabo 5000 using a range of Canon high quality single and double sided photo media.
Industrial and functional
- Personalised compact mirror lids printed on the Océ Arizona 1280 GT, using Brushed Silver Dibond and finished on the Océ ProCut.
- A5 and long (105 x 297mm) direct mail postcards printed on the imagePRESS C750 using Canon Top Colour Zero Paper 300gsm.
- Gatefold promotional mailers (including personalised voucher offer option) printed on the imagePRESS C750 using Canon Top Coated Plus Gloss FSC.
Note to editors: A video of the campaign photo shoot can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMOlUe1pY7k